The South River Run is an effortless 8-mile round trip, hugging the Hudson River with majestic views for the duration of the trip.
NY - RAILS TO RIVER
- Double Railbike Sits 2
- Quad Railbike Sits 4
- Rails to River
Rails to River
New this year, we will be offering a new railbike and tubing combo trip during the summer months. From June 25 thru August 27, you can add on a tubing trip to the end of your 2-hour railbike excursion in conjunction with our 12pm North Bridge Run on Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays. Once you complete the railbike portion, you will meet our partners from Beaver Brook Outfitters for a 1.5 – 2 hour lazy river trip that will bring you back to our depot. See details below!
HOW DIFFICULT IS IT?
Railbiking is accessible for nearly all ages and ability levels and is best enjoyed at a leisurely pace. Our ride has a slight uphill grade on the way out and a slight downhill grade on the way back.
KNOW BEFORE YOU RIDE
- There is a 300 lb weight limit per rider, per seat.
- There is no age limit.
- Infants and Children under 25 lbs may ride in your own supplied baby bjorn style harness.
- Children above 25 lbs must have their own seat and may use our 5 point harness to sit safely and comfortably during the ride.
- Lap riding without a harness is not permitted.
- View our cancellation policy.
- All participants must be over 50lbs.
- The price includes a tube, personal flotation device, a guide and all necessary shuttles
- Please bring:
- Clothes that can get wet and change of clothes for afterward
- Footwear that’s securely attached (no flip flops)
- Sunscreen, hat, shades
- Necessary medications (we will keep them dry)
- Cash if you’d like to tip your guide
- Other Considerations
- Insurance does not permit alcohol use on the tubing trip. Guests who are visibly intoxicated will not be allowed on the trip and will not be refunded.
- We don’t recommend bringing your phone along unless you have a splash or dry bag.
- We will transport your dry clothes and items that can’t get wet to the train station where your cars are waiting.
- Kid PFDs fit kids 50-90 lbs. Adult PFDs accommodate up to a 58-inch chest circumference.