The South River Run is an effortless 8-mile round trip, hugging the Hudson River with majestic views for the duration of the trip.
NY - NORTH BRIDGE RUN - NORTH CREEK
- Double Railbike Sits 2
- Quad Railbike Sits 4
- Rails to River
NORTH CREEK RAILBIKING
The North Bridge Run takes riders on a 7 mile out-and-back trip through the beautiful Adirondack forest canopy, and then over the Hudson on a spectacular trestle bridge. After checking in at the Station, riders will board a shuttle bus for a short ride further North to the launch point. After the ride is completed, the shuttle will bring folks back to the Station.
Riders will see many species of wildflower and opportunist shrub that are beginning to reclaim the tracks. Just before the halfway point riders will cross the wonderful trestle bridge with views up and down the Hudson River, with the confluence of the Boreas and Hudson Rivers seen to the East. Riders will then have a break on the banks of the Boreas River while the guides spin their bikes around for the trip back.
RAILS TO RIVER
New this year, we will be offering a new railbike and tubing combo trip during the summer months.From June 25 thru August 27, you can add on a tubing trip to the end of your railbike excursion in conjunction with our 12pm North Bridge Run. Once you complete the railbike portion, you will meet our partners from Beaver Brook Outfitters for 1.5-2 hour lazy river trip that will bring you back to our depot.See details below!
HOW DIFFICULT IS IT?
Railbiking is accessible for nearly all ages and ability levels and is best enjoyed at a leisurely pace. Our ride has a slight uphill grade on the way out and a slight downhill grade on the way back.
KNOW BEFORE YOU RIDE
- There is a 300 lb weight limit per rider, per seat.
- There is no age limit.
- Infants and Children under 25 lbs may ride in your own supplied baby bjorn style harness.
- Children above 25 lbs must have their own seat and may use our 5 point harness to sit safely and comfortably during the ride.
- Lap riding without a harness is not permitted.
- View our cancellation policy.
- All participants must be over 50lbs.
- The price includes a tube, personal flotation device, a guide and all necessary shuttles
- Please bring:
- Clothes that can get wet and change of clothes for afterward
- Footwear that’s securely attached (no flip flops)
- Sunscreen, hat, shades
- Necessary medications (we will keep them dry)
- Cash if you’d like to tip your guide
- Other Considerations
- Insurance does not permit alcohol use on the tubing trip. Guests who are visibly intoxicated will not be allowed on the trip and will not be refunded.
- We don’t recommend bringing your phone along unless you have a splash or dry bag.
- We will transport your dry clothes and items that can’t get wet to the train station where your cars are waiting.
- Kid PFDs fit kids 50-90 lbs. Adult PFDs accommodate up to a 58-inch chest circumference.
BIKES AND BITES
Join us for complimentary coffee and pastries provided by local vendors before the start of our first runs on Sundays. We’ll see you bright and early before the 8am North Bridge Run!