Enjoy this mostly flat, 7.5 mile out and back trip along the Hudson River. You’ll pass a beaver lodge and pond, and experience the forest reclaiming this once busy stretch of commercial railroad.
- Double Railbike Sits 2
- Quad Railbike Sits 4
NORTH CREEK RAILBIKING
The North Bridge Run takes riders on a 7 mile out-and-back trip along the of the Hudson River, through the beautiful Adirondack forest canopy, and then over the Hudson on a spectacular trestle bridge before turning for the return ride back to the launch point.
Riders will see many species of wildflower and opportunist shrub that are beginning to reclaim the tracks. Just before the halfway point riders will cross the wonderful trestle bridge with views up and down the Hudson River, with the confluence of the Boreas and Hudson Rivers seen to the East. Riders will then have a break on the banks of the Boreas River while the guides spin their bikes around for the trip back.
HOW DIFFICULT IS IT?
Railbiking is accessible for nearly all ages and ability levels and is best enjoyed at a leisurely pace. Our ride has a slight uphill grade on the way out and a slight downhill grade on the way back.
KNOW BEFORE YOU RIDE
- There is a 300 lb weight limit per rider, per seat.
- There is no age limit.
- Infants and Children under 25 lbs may ride in a baby bjorn style harness that we will provide or you can use your own.
- Children above 25 lbs must have their own seat and may use our 5 point harness to sit safely and comfortably during the ride.
- Lap riding without a harness is not permitted.
- View our cancellation policy.